Method 1 – Use Pre-Install Tool:
- Open your web browser and visit the manufacturer website in order to download the Pre-Install tool.
- Click on the Download button and then save the file on your system.
- Double click on the downloaded file Pre-Install_Tool.exe, to run the installation setup.
- Follow the prompts to finish the process, click Ok and then Close after the completion of the process.
- Restart your system in order to save the changes you have made then try to reinstall the McAfee on your system.
Method 2 – Run McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool:
- First download MCPR.exe online and then double click on the downloaded file to run the McAfee installation process.
- Click yes to allow the permission to make the changes to the system and then Wait to finish the process.
- Now restart your system after the completion of the MCPR scanning and then try reinstalling the McAfee product.
- Before installing the McAfee again, you need to restart your system.
Method 3 – Try to run regsvr32 jscript.dll:
- Click on the start button in the bottom left corner of the screen and then type cmd in the search bar.
- Select the cmd from the search results, right click and then select Run as Administrator from the list.
- In the command prompt type regsvr32 jscript.dll and then press enter.
- Restart your system after the successful registration of the DLL file.
- Now try reinstalling the McAfee product on your system and check whether the same error occurs again or not.
- If you found the same error then you need to contact McAfee Support or visit mcafee.com/activate for the help.
Method 4 – Run McAfee Virtual Technician Tool:
- Open your web browser, and then visit service.mcafee.com and then click on the Troubleshoot and repair option.
- Now click on the Download and Run and then save the file on your system.
- Double click on the downloaded file mvt.exe, to run the installation setup and then follow the instructions.
- Now click Yes to allow the permission to the program to make changes to your system.
- Wait to install, initialize and update McAfee Virtual technician tool and then MVT scans the system.
- Select Autofix and then follow the instructions displaying on the screen to fix the issue.
- If MVT does not resolve the issue then call McAfee Support and close the MVT.