Uninstall McAfee Security Center – If the subscription of your McAfee product expires then you need to uninstall your product. Sometimes the installer file may be corrupted due to failed download. Uninstallation of the product can resolve the issue and you can then download and reinstall your version of the product. Here we are going to discuss the cause of the issues and their resolution.
Uninstall McAfee Security Center
5 Uninstallation Issues you may face:
- Can’t uninstall McAfee
- McAfee won’t uninstall
- McAfee enterprise removal tool
- Uninstall McAfee LiveSafe Windows 10.
- McAfee uninstalls stuck.
You may face the above-listed issues while uninstalling the McAfee product from your Windows or Mac computers. These issues are very common and you can follow some basic troubleshooting steps to resolve them. You may try to uninstall McAfee Security Center from your system manually or by using an automated tool.
Steps to uninstall McAfee Security Center Manually:
If you are using Windows follow these 15 steps:
- First of all, you need to close all the McAfee programs, which are currently running on your system.
- Now according to your Operating system, you need to go to control panel.
- In case of Windows 7 or below,
- Click on the start button and then select the Control Panel from the list.
- Now search for the Programs option and then click on the Uninstall a program.
- Select the product which you want to remove from the list of software and then click Uninstall.
- Click Yes, in order to confirm the removal and then wait until the uninstallation is finished
- Now you need to Restart your system to save the changes you have made.
- In case you are using Windows 8 or above then,
- You need to right click on the start button on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Select Control Panel from the menu and then click on the Programs and features.
- Under the Programs tab, you now need to click on the Uninstall a Program option.
- Now select the McAfee product which you want to delete and then click uninstall.
- Click Yes, to allow the program to make changes to your system when prompted.
- After the successful removal of the McAfee Security Center, you will be required to restart your system.
If you are using Mac follow these 5 steps:
- First and foremost, Click on the Finder icon from the desktop and then Click on the Applications folder.
- Now you need to select your McAfee Application from the folder and then drag it to the Trash.
- You are now required to empty the Trash, which will be found in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Wait until the removal is successful and then restart your system to save the changes.
- Voila! Now you are done, you have successfully removed the McAfee security center from your system.
In order to remove the McAfee Security Center or any other McAfee product from your system, you can follow the above-mentioned process. Our McAfee Support expert can also assist you to resolve your issues related to McAfee product.
McAfee Activate at McAfee.com/Activate.